- Introduction to Flight Training
- Ground Operations
- Basic Flight Maneuvers
- Maintaining Aircraft Control: Upset Prevention and Recovery Training
- Takeoff and Departure Climbs
- Ground Reference Maneuvers
- Airport Traffic Patterns
- Approaches and Landings
- Performance Maneuvers
- Night Operations
- Transition to Complex Airplanes
- Transition to Multiengine Airplanes
- Transition to Tailwheel Airplanes
- Transition to Turbopropeller Powered Airplanes
- Transition to Jet Powered Airplanes
- Transition to Light Sport Airplanes (LSA)
- Emergency Procedures
Handbook developed by the FAA to assist student pilots in learning to fly airplanes. Introduces the basic pilot skills and knowledge essential for piloting airplanes.
Primarily focus is on practical aspects of flying: operations and maneuvers.
It is useful to beginning pilots, as well as those pursuing more advanced pilot certificates. Also provides info on pilot transitions to other airplanes, operation principles of various airplane systems, etc...
This handbook has been developed by the FAA to assist student pilots learning to fly airplanes.
It introduces the future pilot to the realm of flight and provides information and guidance in the performance of procedures and maneuvers required for pilot certification.
It is also beneficial to pilots who wish to improve their flying proficiency and aeronautical knowledge, those pilots preparing for additional certificates or ratings, and flight instructors engaged in the instruction of both student and certificated pilots.
The book is designed as a technical manual to introduce basic pilot skills and knowledge that are essential for piloting airplanes. It also provides information on transition to other airplanes and the operation of various airplane systems.
+ Read more