- Introduction to the Helicopter
- Aerodynamics of Flight
- Helicopter Flight Controls
- Helicopter Components, Sections, and Systems
- Rotorcraft Flight Manual
- Weight and Balance
- Helicopter Performance
- Ground Procedures and Flight Preparations
- Basic Flight Maneuvers
- Advanced Flight Maneuvers
- Helicopter Emergencies and Hazards
- Attitude Instrument Flying
- Night Operations
- Effective Aeronautical Decision-Making
The primary FAA technical manual covering the knowledge necessary to safely operate a helicopter.
It is an essential reading for applicants preparing for their helicopter class rating, as well as for currently certificated helicopter pilots wishing to improve their knowledge.
Flight instructors will find this handbook a valuable training aid.
This official FAA handbook is designed as the primary technical manual for applicants who are preparing for their helicopter class rating, as well as for currently certificated helicopter pilots wishing to improve their knowledge
Certificated flight instructors will surely find this handbook a valuable training aid, since detailed coverage of aerodynamics, flight controls, systems, performance, flight maneuvers, emergencies, and aeronautical decision-making is included.
+ Read more