- Introduction to Flight Training
- Introduction to the Helicopter
- Aerodynamics of Flight
- Helicopter Flight Controls
- Helicopter Components, Sections, and Systems
- Rotorcraft Flight Manual
- Weight and Balance
- Helicopter Performance
- Preflight and Postflight Procedures
- Basic Flight Maneuvers
- Advanced Flight Maneuvers
- Helicopter Emergencies
- Attitude Instrument Flying
- Night Operations
- Helicopter Operations
- Practical Examination + Preparation for Flight Review
- Single-Pilot Resource Management, Aeronautical Decision-Making, and Risk Management
This official FAA handbook is a companion to the "Helicopter Flying Handbook".
It is the primary resource for teaching helicopter operations - designed as a technical manual for applicants preparing for their flight instructor pilot certificate with a helicopter class rating.
Detailed coverage of all required knowledge areas makes this manual a suitable reference guide also for experienced helicopter instructors preparing other pilots for a helicopter rating.
It covers both aeronautical knowledge and skills for operating the aircraft and the FAA’s official helicopter-instructing methods, procedures, and regulations.
Flight training subjects are supported with information on common student errors, practical flight instructor tips and strategies, instructional hazards, and sample lesson plans.
+ Read more