- The National Airspace System
- The Air Traffic Control System
- Human Factors
- Aerodynamic Factors
- Flight Instruments
- Airplane Attitude Instrument Flying Using: Analog Instrumentation; Electronic Flight Display
- Airplane Basic Flight Maneuvers Using: Analog Instrumentation; Electronic Flight Display
- Helicopter Attitude Instrument Flying
- Navigation Systems
- IFR Flight
- Emergency Operations
- Clearance Shorthand
- Instrument Training Lesson Guide
This handbook is the FAA's primary pilot resource material covering everything pertinent to operating an aircraft under IFR.
It is designed for use by instrument flight instructors and pilots preparing for instrument rating tests.
Instructors may find this handbook a valuable training aid as it includes basic reference material for knowledge testing, instrument flight training, as well as an instrument training lesson guide.
The material in this manual applies to both conventional "steam-gauge" analog instrumentation and the "glass cockpit" electronic flight displays found in advanced aircraft.
Information is well organized into separate chapters.
Advanced systems are covered, including flight management systems, the primary flight display (PFD) and multi-function display (MFD), synthetic vision, and traffic advisory systems.
+ Read more