- The Earth's Atmosphere
- Heat & Temperature
- Water Vapor
- Earth-Atmosphere Heat Imbalances
- Atmospheric Pressure and Altimetry
- Weather Charts
- Global Circulations and Jet Streams
- Local Winds
- Air Masses, Fronts, and the Wave Cyclone Model
- Vertical Motion and Cloud Formation
- Atmospheric Stability
- Adverse Wind
- Weather, Obstructions to Visibility, Low Ceiling, and Mountain Obscuration...
- Weather Radar
- Tropical Weather
- Arctic Weather
- Space Weather
All pilots must learn to deal with weather: to appreciate good weather, to recognize and respect marginal or hazardous weather, and to avoid violent weather
Recognition of this and sound weather decisions are critical to the successful outcome of all flights. This book discusses each aspect of weather as it relates to aircraft operation and flight safety..
The information in this FAA book is applicable to students, instructors, and experienced pilots alike.
It is a comprehensive resource for what you need to know about weather in order to fly safely in both VMC and IMC.
+ Read more